FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does Shopsmith offer training classes?
- While no in-person training classes are currently offered, there are several resources available to help you get the most out of your Shopsmith equipment.
From the main navigation bar, click on Learning & Resources and select the Getting Started series. This in-depth resource provides an overview of familiarizing yourself with your equipment, the key fundamentals and features of the different MARK models, and much more important information along the way.
Does Shopsmith buy back MARKs?
- Shopsmith does not offer a buy-back program at this time.
Does Shopsmith have a Catalogue that can be mailed to me?
- YES. Please click here to sign-up to receive the current printed Shopsmith Catalog or to reserve your copy of the next catalogue release.
- You can also view the interactive, online version of our latest catalogue at catalog.shopsmith.com
How much is my Shopsmith MARK worth?
- The market value of used Shopsmith equipment can vary significantly based on a variety of factors. The specific model, age, overall condition, and completeness of your equipment and accessories can greatly impact the market value. But other factors such as your location and demand for used equipment in your general area will have an impact as well.
Orders – Placing & Checking on Orders
Can I add to my order?
- Provided that your order has not yet shipped, you may add to your order by contacting our Customer Care Team at (937) 890-5197.
Can I use two different Credit Cards?
- YES. Please call our Customer Care Team at (937) 890-5197 to place your order. Split payments are not accepted on shopmsith.com.
Where can I check my order status?
- Click on the My Account link found above the main navigation section on shopsmith.com. Sign-in to your account and select Orders from the options displayed. Your order history and current order status should be displayed.
- If you need additional information or you do not have your order number, please call our Customer Care Team at (937) 890-5197.
I placed an order on the website and it would not take my gift card?
- Ensure that your Gift Card number and PIN are entered correctly.
- For Gift Card balance inquiries, please call our Customer Care Team at (937) 890-5197.
Why is my order on backorder?
- It is our goal to fulfill orders as quickly as possible. However, when backorders do occur, we make every effort to communicate why there is a backorder and we expect the items to be available to ship.
- You can also check your order status from the My Account section of the website.
Products – Infromation about Products
Are parts still available for the Mark V?
- Many parts are still available. For a complete parts list of available parts and accessories, go to https://shopsmith.com/service-parts-by-major-accessory
Can you send me a parts list so I can order a part?
- Go online to Shopsmith Service Parts or click Catalog for PDF version.
- We also have manuals that are in PDF format that can be e-mailed, please call Customer Care Team at (937) 890-5197 for more information.
Does Shopsmith Carry blades for the Jigsaw?
- We no longer sell “Jigsaw Blades”. However, the fine blades from the Scroll Saw will work in the Jigsaw, but they will tend to break because they are so fine. You can go to your local hardware store and get a 5″ blade with no cross pins.
How can I tell what model of MARK I have?
- You can measure the main saw table:
- Model 500 is 14” wide x 18 1/4” long.
- Model 505, 510, 520 and Mark 7 are 17 1/2” wide x 22” long.
- You can also go to shopsmith.com/getting-started “Getting Started” series, which will walk you through the ins and outs of the different versions. You can go to that by clicking here.
How do I know if I have the Gilmer Belt or Poly V Belt?
- Gilmer Belt– Inside splines run across the belt like a tank track.
- Poly V Belt– Inside splines run around the same direction as the belt.
How long are Shopsmith Bandsaw blades?
- Bandsaw blades are 72” long.
My Bandsaw Bearings are squealing. Should I order the Bearing Upgrade Kit or the Bandsaw Overhaul Kit?
Shipping – Shipping and Delivery
Do you offer Free Shipping?
- “Free Shipping” is only offered during special promotional events.
I received my order, but I was sent the wrong item/quantity. How do I fix it?
- Please call Customer Care Team at (937) 890-5197 and we will be happy to resolve the issue.
Can you tell me how to see an exploded view of major accessories on the website?
- Go to shopsmith.com > click on Service Parts
- We also have several Accessory parts lists available. Please call Customer Care at (937) 890-5197.
MARK 7 Demonstrations
Where can I see a MARK 7 Demonstration?
- Our Online Demonstration (Webinar) Schedule is posted on our website.
- Go to shopsmith.com > click on https://prod.shopsmith.com/webinars
- You can also see a MARK 7 Demonstration via Video.
- Go to shopsmith.com > click on MARK 7 > click on FULL DEMONSTRATION.